"Working for this company, we started outsourcing to the Philippines, and we started doing more and more work with the Philippines. Eventually my buddy and I said, 'Why don't we setup a company in the Philippines to do the outsourcing for our employer?' So we pitched out bosses and they loved it. And so that kind of got our foot in the door." - Justin Cooke
Justin Cooke is the Founder at Empire Flippers, a company that helps others buy, sell, and invest in profitable websites and online businesses. He started out in the Navy, where he spent 6 years as a Sonar Technician 2/C (STG2). Empire Flippers is an INC 500 company - Justin runs a 22 person team and has $27M+ In Online Businesses Sold.
- StoryBox - People trust each other more than advertising. StoryBox provides the tools and supports businesses need to take the best things customers say about them, and use them to drive more sales and referrals. StoryBox offers a 10% discount to companies employing veterans of the US Armed Forces.
- Audible is offering one FREE audio book to Beyond the Uniform listeners. You can claim this offer here, and see a list of books recommended by my guests at BeyondTheUniform.io/books
- Tropical MBA - community of people building online businesses in remote locations
- 11 Popular Online Business Model
- Cal Newport interview - another great BTU episode that talks, like Justin, about building up a skill set
- https://flippa.com/- eBay for online businesses; note: not much help in vetting. Justin recommends starting from scratch unless >$10-20k to spend on buying a business
- NitchPursuits.com - how to build business
- 4 Hour Work Week
- Justin's Podcast - https://empireflippers.com/podcasts/
- What is your remote lifestyle like?
- What would you want listeners to know about your path from the Navy up until starting Empire Flippers?
- How to form a good business partnership
- What was the Genesis of Empire Flippers
- How would you describe Empire Flippers to someone on Active Duty
- You have seen a lot of success stories of people buying online businesses that they've then grow. What advice do you have for someone on active duty thinking of going down this path?
- What skills do you think someone we would need to develop after the military before considering going down this path?
- You had an incredible growth trajectory for Empire flippers. What advice do you have for other veteran entrepreneurs seeking to grow their company?
- What resources, that could be books, podcasts, courses, have helped you with your startup that you would recommend other veterans
- Final words of wisdom